- Population: 14,048 (65% frostborn, 25% Anari, 18% Saxa, 2% engro)
- Ruler: Baron Frostweaver I
- Religion: Hrimheorte, Ullr
- Imports: Oil, salt, wine
- Exports: Meat (wild boar)
Until seven years ago, Cul was a realm of independent small villages and steads governed by a moot. Then a charismatic frostborn called Frostweaver arrived. Beaten by his father for being a “freak,” Frostreaver left home and headed north, driven onward by a vision in which he saw a land ruled over by frostborn. Journeying through Cul, Frostweaver quickly realized this was the land in his dreams. He drew the native frostborn to his cause. Sensing trouble, elements within the native population lured Frostweaver into a trap, beat him senseless, and dumped his battered body in the Whitedrake Mountains for the elements or drakes to finish off.
Frostweaver awoke to find a blue-skinned man covered in coldfire runes sitting beside him. The figure introduced himself as Hrimheorte (“Iceheart”) and claimed to be the god of the frostborn. Hrimheorte spoke of his vision for Frostweaver, a strong leader, proud of his frostborn heritage.
The god gave the frostborn three choices
- go back to Cul and take what he wanted
- forever drift through the Winterlands, an outcast from society, or
- accept death on the icy mountain and let Scaetha decide whether his soul had fulfilled its potential or not.
Frostweaver quickly made his decision. He spent the next three years traveling the Winterlands, gathering frostborn. When he was ready, he turned back to Cul, arriving as a conqueror.